Wednesday, 1 February 2017

CAS Mix Up February Challenge

Welcome to the February CAS Mix Up challenge!
We had lots of fabulous entries for the January "liquid colours" challenge. Congratulations to Marcia, who was our Pick of the Month for January! Click HERE to see Marcia's card along with some of the Outstanding Designs using Liquid Colours.

To see a close-up of all the beautiful card entries for January, check out CAS Mix Up's January Challenge Pinterest Board by clicking HERE.

Now for the February challenge ...

I've become quite a fan of using corrugated cardboard on a mixed media card.  So  I chose that as my challenge - the first challenge I've ever hosted (after being on the Design Team for CAS Mix Up since last May, and a little bit longer on another blog's Design Team).  Thanks to Loll and Bonnie for inviting me to host this month!!


As well as using some corrugated cardboard on your card, make sure to include some stamping (a little or a lot), and then pick something from the "Your Choice" list in the right sidebar to add in.

For your corrugated cardboard, you can use any kind of corrugated cardboard you like.  It can be recycled from a box (but you must tear off all or part of one of the paper layers to expose the corrugation), a recycled coffee cup sleeve (as I used in my card), corrugated cardboard sold in craft shops, or even cardstock you run through your good old paper crimper.

Corrugated cardboard can add texture and dimension.  It can be coloured or die cut.  It can be part of the background or the focal image.  But here's the trick:

Please enter only Clean and Simple Mixed Media cards.
Thank you!!

We are so excited to have Julie Beech as our Guest Designer this month.  She made this gorgeous card that was the winner of December's Sponging Challenge.


Julie Beech
(Guest Designer)
Using Stamping, Heat Embossing, Rubbed Inka Gold Wax, Watercolour, Die Dut and Inka Gold Wax Splatter!

Susan
(Host)
Using corrugated cardboard, stamping, die cutting, gesso, and gold paint.


Bonnie
Using stamping, corrugated cardboard, die cutting, acetate smash, and smooshing


Loll
Using corrugated cardboard, stamping, heat embossing, smooshing with watercolour concentrate, gold acrylic paint, and heat embossing


Nancy
Using Stamping, Covered Corrugated Cardboard, Die Cuts, Splattering, Sequins


Julia
Using ripped corrugated cardboard, Brushos with water, stamping and die cuts.


Joanna
Corrugated cardstock, Die cuts, Stamping & Heat Embossing and Glitter Drops


The challenge is open until February  24th.  Come join us!

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! All these cards are amazing. I wasn't excited about cardboard. I wasn't sure how I'd incorporate corrugated cardboard into a card but you ladies have definitely inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge prompt and great inspiration samples to get us to use some of the corrugated cardboard many of us have probably hiding in our closets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many different ways to use corrugated cardboard, I'm so amazed at the creativity of everyone! Well done!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Susan's idea to have a corrugated challenge we all came up with our own creative ideas :-) I hope you girls get to play along too. Nancy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to use. Will be trying some Valentines with the corrugated cardboard. A new use for "what do I do this box?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful and creative cards from the DT, thank you, ladies! I'm feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some super creative ways to use my very favorite crafting supply - corrugated cardboard. I love them all. I am going to have to try and play in this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun challenge and love how Joanna used the coloured corrugated card...very creative x As always gorgeous inspiration from the team x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super duper use of corrugated sheets in such creative ways! One of my friend just suggested to enter here and glad I found you!
    I am your newest email follower! Glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun recipe to follow and great inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love corrugated paper/cardstock so a fun challenge. Beautiful inspiration from the DT and Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete